Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thankful

My first thing that I'm thankful for: Health. This is the first Thanksgiving in about 4 years that I've not been dreadfully sick. I think this has a lot to do with the fact that I'm in a pretty good place environmentally, physically, mentally, and emotionally. My stress level, with the exception of a few times this semester, has been almost below the radar. It's been amazing.

I'm thankful for new beginnings. I'm thankful for my family; A good school that's a good fit for me; A good teacher; A good and wonderful instrument; A good bow to go along with it; A good roommate; Old friends; Some great new friends; and a God that I can always run to.

I had my first Thanksgiving away from my family this year. Oddly enough, this year my parents decided to have our first family gathering since I can almost remember. They drove out to Colorado to visit with my Aunt and cousins. Since it’s pretty far away I decided to stay here. It would be expensive, stressful, and school continues on Monday not really leaving a whole lot of visiting time anyway. So instead my friend Charles was having a few people over and I went over to his house. Apart from Charles’ roasted duck, it was a Vegan and Lactose-Free dinner. It was pretty fun, I’d never had a tofurky before much less mashed potatoes made with soy milk. It was good though, and I probably benefited from the lactose free angle. I’ve recently decided/discovered that I’m probably lactose intolerant. Which this explains a lot of my stomach/digestion problems I’ve been having for….seems like forever.

Since I wasn’t coming home, Dad sent me Boudin sourdough breadbowls on Wednesday. I shared them with Kate and Logan, they were very appreciative of the good meal. 

Thought I might list a few of my Thanksgiving break accomplishments, since there are soooo many. Thrift store shopping: scored a nice black wool coat for $10; Breadbowl dining experience #1 with Kate. Chuckathon with Kate. Fretwork listening marathon with Oliver. 4:45 am wake-up call on Thanksgiving to drive Kate to Airport. Drive in redic-thick fog. Go to uber sketch Compare Foods, while fearing for my life, to buy last minute green beans, almonds, and cranberry sauce (What people will do for holiday food); Supper at Charle’s place sitting on loveseat with pillows as booster at cardtable; Ate copious amounts of food; Walmart wine adventure. Group movie of Lemony Snickets. Finish Seinfeld disk 2; Sleep 14 hours. It was wonderful. Simply wonderful.
Yesterday, I dyed my hair. It did not go as planned. Now the bottom half of my hair is red. I will re-dye it tomorrow. Yes. This cannot be seen in school. Must fix this.
Today I went to Lowes to finally fix my clogged bathtub drain. I didn’t shower before going because the clog was so bad. Sporting one of my OU t-shirts I go into Lowes looking for needle nose pliers and some good-ole draino. Totally made my day in a weird sort of way, but someone asked me for help thinking I worked there. Sorry, no. I don’t work at Lowes. But thought it was hilarious none the less. Got home and totally fixed my drain. I am awesome AND self-sufficient. *Double punch-POW* I feel extremely productive. Well, as soon as my draino sufficiently drains away I will take my much needed shower and then go put my productivity to use in the musical arena. I hear that I might actually have a lesson tomorrow. It would be a sad day indeed if I go in like sounding like I do now. Should get on that improvement thing. Sounding good is ALWAYS preferable. Sounding like crap ALWAYS to be avoided. And just found out, apparently I have a lesson tomorrow. Yeah. I think it’s time for my shower now.

So basically ends my wonderful North Carolina Thanksgiving Break. Did I mention I love trimesters?

No comments:

Post a Comment