Thursday, January 7, 2010

Crossing Fingers

My New Year's Resolution? Practice everyday... for at least 10 years. I'm on day 6, whoopty doo, like it's all that big a deal. But, I realized I want to take advantage of everyday and what better way than to actually make myself accomplish something.

We have studio class today. While yes, I'm on day 6 of practicing, this is only consecutive day 6 after a 3 week hiatus. I am far from being where I was last semester. My last lesson was for the most part terrible and left with the assignment to perform the entire Lalo for studio when I got back. Only then could I move on to a new piece. Well, having not touched Lalo since my jury right after that lesson, it's no surprise that well, it's not ready. So I'm "quakin' in my boots" hoping against hope that KL forgets and or I can talk my way out of it. I practiced like mad the last couple of days trying to get ready. Yesterday I totaled over 7 hours... But unfortunately most of my work is getting me back in working condition much less being able to play worthy of studio. Ugh. We'll see if my life is over when 3 o'clock hits. Wish my backside some luck and general protection.

In a half an hour I have my first Orchestra Repertory class with Genualdi. I'm looking forward to it. It will be good to get some regular excerpt practice in along with some very knowledgeable tutelage. Plus Ellie and Charles are in the class which will keep it interesting and fun. Well, I'm gonna go warm up now. Hopefully I'll only have to be warming up for Rep class...

No comments:

Post a Comment