Sunday, June 3, 2012

Reserved 29F

Why does it have to be this way?
I wish I could be forgotten
and mingle within the voices of the hall

The raindrops hit my forehead
they make more of an impact
than my tears

The older I stretch my eyes
they farther they see
the dimmer the clarity
of life before me

The grass has not lost its green
the reds have darkened all around
I am forever lost
and will not be found

The complexities of where I am today
seem to be lost within
where I was when I was
found in the wonders of yesterday

The more I give
the more I lose
what else is there
if not to see what there is left
behind those eyes

struggling with life's hidden lies
I the see the smoke and walk
no preemptive breaths
to prepare my lungs and eyes
for the coming burn

The window panes are clear
holding nothing back
but me from entering

I can barely keep back
my desire to break you
hoping something you have
will answer my questions

but I should know better
when I look through the window
and see my own reflection

(written 2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment